Friday, February 1, 2013

Fiddlehead mittens

It's February 1st, and after the warm temperatures and rain from earlier this week, winter seems to have returned. It's -18ºC today with the windchill, but I'm not worried, because I'll be wearing my new mittens.


The Fiddlehead Mitten kit was a Christmas gift two years ago, and I wish I hadn't waited so long to start. They were a quick, satisfying knit, challenging but not difficult, and I love the way they look.


The outside is knit with TFA Yellow Label yarn; on the recommendation of a friend, I knit the linings in Fresco, a wool-alpaca-angora blend that ensures these mitts will be the warmest I've ever owned. They're like wearing tiny woollen duvets on my hands. Winter? Psht! No problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment. Thank you for getting in touch!