Monday, March 4, 2013

Snapshots: early March

I think the lambs won out this year – the first of the month was sunny, the sky was blue, and it was warm enough that I briefly pondered having the first ice cream cone of the year. Instead, I stopped at my favourite bakery for an Eccles cake and some hot cross buns, then walked along Queen Street to the yarn store. 


A latte and some satisfying insta-sock knitting: my kind of Friday happy hour.


I've been busy in the kitchen, too. Granola; chocolate pudding (do you have a favourite recipe to recommend?); salted caramel brownies. Out for brunch: huevos rancheros. Dinner with friends on Saturday night: homemade pizza, salad, a bottle of wine. Those brownies. (Make those brownies!)


Reading, writing, reading about writing. The mug is by Rob Ryan. "Believe in people."



Yesterday another yarn store trip, this one on the other side of town. One skein of KPPPM, destined to be baby booties for a friend who's expecting. They'll be tiny diversions from the sweater I'm working on – little rewards to knit as I hit the milestones of a finished sweater body, finished sleeves, and so on. Like dessert, but in knitting.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch:
Listening to: Radio 2
Reading: Bossypants. I decided it was time for a re-read.
Eating: Soup. Still.
Drinking: Orange juice. (I'm nursing a cold again, ugh).
Coveting: This sweater by Glenna. After I finished modelling it, I wanted to steal it, but no luck. Guess I'll have to make my own!
Hoping: This stretch of sunny days continues.

What are you up to these days?

4 comments:

  1. Pudding recipe - chocolate AND peanut butter:
    http://joythebaker.com/2013/01/chocolate-and-peanut-butter-pudding/ So good I made it two weekends in a row at the insistence of my family. I really liked using mason jars too for storing and serving. The second time I made it I made some in tinier 125ml. jars as well as a few 250ml. ones - it's very rich so 125ml. was just right for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenny! That looks so delicious. Can't go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been making this chocolate pudding recently and I'm kinda in love with it: http://www.homecookingadventure.com/recipes/vanilla-and-chocolate-pudding

    I just make the chocolate portion and use whatever milk we have in the fridge - usually skim though I'm sure it's more decadent if you do have whole.

    ~ Marisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, Marisa! I like that it works with skim, as that's what I usually have in the house...and I don't like buying a whole carton just for one recipe. I'll give it a shot!

      Delete

I read and appreciate every comment. Thank you for getting in touch!