Thursday, August 7, 2014

August 7 – A very good mail day


Imagine how delighted I was to come home after work yesterday and find this little surprise in my mailbox. What a treat! A real, live letter, all the way from England, and tucked inside the envelope, a baggie of those stitch markers I was so excited about. Thank you, Sarah!


I think they're just delightful – thin, light, smooth (so they travel nicely along the needle) and the teardrop shape means they work well for small and large diameter needles. They're instant favourites.

Speaking of instant favourites, that's my Pebble Beach Shawlette up there – it's coming along nicely. I'm at 95% on the checklist, but with 33% of my yarn left (how?! it's almost as though I missed out on an entire page of the pattern but I've double-checked twice and know that I haven't), I've decided to take the plunge and add a repeat of the final border section. The final section is almost all knitting, so it goes fairly quickly; with luck I'll still be finished by Sunday.

There are many other things going on in the background, but now isn't the time for an apple-tree update or reflections on the books I'm reading. There are acres of stockinette calling my name. Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

I read and appreciate every comment. Thank you for getting in touch!