Tuesday, March 8, 2016

March 8: ...



I don't have much to say tonight; my mind is miles away. Blue skies and sunshine today, then knit night (tea and gentle conversation; I can't emphasize how much it means to me to have found this little group of knitters) and a quiet ride home on the ferry. A year ago I swore that commute would never seem quotidian, but today I was so engrossed with my phone that it took real effort to look up and outside. Then, of course, I was glad I had; otherwise I'd have missed the sight of the inbound ferry as it slid past us on the port side, glowing like a jewel box as it churned its way across the harbour.

Today was International Women's Day, and I took a moment to give thanks for the cadre of amazing women in my life. I am lucky to have a host of strong, true, smart, passionate, kind, funny, talented, supportive, inspiring, take-no-prisoners women as friends – some of those friendships go back 30 years, some of them are just a few months old. These women have seen me through thick and thin, ups and downs, through cross-country moves (and back again). We share the minutiae of day-to-day life, and occasionally solve all the problems of the world together, too. I feel so privileged to be a part of their lives, and to have them as part of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment. Thank you for getting in touch!