Saturday, March 23, 2013

Inch by inch, row by row

It's been a whirlwind week. I lucked into some freelance work and I spent many many hours over the last five days behind a desk. Just like old times, in some ways, and completely different, in others.

I haven't had much time (or energy) for knitting this week...which is funny, because it's always during weeks like this that I need the soothing rhythms of knit and purl the most.


That's when an old familiar pattern comes in handy – preferably for something teeny-tiny, so that you can feel like you're making progress. Enter the Cutest Booties.


Tiny socks for a tiny baby. 32 stitches, KPPPM, 2.75 mm needles; a pair finished in a week, even with spending less than half an hour a day with needles in my hands.


Crochet ties and teeny-tiny pom poms (thanks to this gadget – an excellent investment of $7) finish things off. It doesn't get much cuter than this!

This week I'll be tackling the macro version – another gift, but this time for a grown-up friend – big yarn, big needles...but just as satisfying.

Oh, and speaking of satisfying, look what I saw when I was out for a walk this morning. Snowdrops!


Spring is coming....

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I know i have a really dumb quesion but how do you wind your yarn so there isn't a gaping hole in the midle ?

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment. Thank you for getting in touch!