Sunday, November 24, 2013

November 23 and 24

Up late last night, I pondered the wisdom of sewing a seam on unblocked knitting. I had my needle threaded and ready, but in the end discretion (or maybe distraction) proved the better part of valour. I washed and blocked the pieces instead, and woke up early to do my seaming by morning light.


I love my version of the Tilting Tardis cowl. The colour is a perfect mix of night sky and Tardis blue, the cables and lace give it movement and shape, and the yarn washed up beautifully. The pattern worked well – but I'm still super glad I decided to cut it in half.

Of course, with an extra skein of yarn, 36 hours, and temperatures that are suddenly below zero, how was I supposed to resist casting on a hat to match? 


It's a basic tuque pattern: 120 sts on 3.5 mm needles in DK yarn; 1.5 ins of 1x1 rib and then switching into  St st. One repeat of the Tardis pattern from Bigger on the Inside (worked over 13 sts and 37 rows, with a border of 3 purls on either side) will add a subtle Doctor Who touch. It's not too complicated, but at 3.5 ins I've still got a fair bit of knitting to do if I want to be all matchy-matchy for tomorrow.

And so the clock is ticking once again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment. Thank you for getting in touch!